The degree program is designated as a MSU Plan B (non-thesis) Professional Science Master's Program. The program incorporates a significant final project that will be submitted as a written report on a relevant food safety topic or concern.
The final project consists of two courses:
- VM 830 Food Safety Research Methods covers the design and proposal.
- VM 815 Applied Project is the composition of the final paper.
There are four categories of Applied Projects:
- Research Paper
- Review of the Literature
- Consultative Report
- Curriculum/Training Development
- Projects must be approved by the student's assigned primary advisor.
- Topics should relate and directly support the student's professional work.