Preventive Controls for Human Food (with FSPCA certificate)
This will be taught by Leslie Smith a Lead Instructor for the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) Preventive Controls for Human Food Course. This course is the standardized curriculum developed by FSPCA and recognized by FDA to serve as one way to meet the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual” (“PCQI”) as set forth under the Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation. By successfully completing this course students will obtain a PCQI certificate by FSCPA, AFDO, IFPTI.
Course Assignments: All assignments must be completed by the end of the selected cycle (cycles are chosen at checkout).
- Four discussion assignments
- One final exam
- One live video discussion with the instructor and other students. During the live discussion students will be expected to answer questions about the course materials/concepts in order to earn their certificate
After successfully completing the course, students will receive their FSPCA certification via email. The cost of the certificate is included in the purchase of the course.
Topics will include:
- Food Safety Plan overview
- Good Manufacturing Practices and Prerequisite Programs
- Biological Food Safety Hazards
- Chemical, physical, and economically motivated food safety hazards
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
- Process Preventive Controls
- Food Allergen Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Supply Chain Preventive Controls
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- Recordkeeping Procedures
- Recall Plan
- Regulation Overview