As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience as a Food Safety Coordinator to help us grow.
An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential and other leading venture funds.
Responsible for monitoring and documenting all quality and food safety programs. Job functions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for SSOP, GMP, SOP's, HACCP/Recall and Traceback Programs.
- Implement site specific protocols and procedures referencing the Food Safety/Quality Systems Manual.
- Continuously evaluate Food Safety/Quality System and submit all positive impact recommendations to QA/FS Manager.
- Develop and maintain compliance with all internal and customer finished product specs, special handling procedures and production monitoring programs.
- Develop site specific paper work, i.e. logs, checklist etc.
- Manage internal laboratory complying with Corporate Policies, EPA, OSHA and GLP (Good Laboratory Practices). Proper staffing, training supply ordering, equipment calibrations and PM (Preventive Maintenance).
- Manage the Finished Product Retain Evaluation Programs
- Manage the microbiological finished product testing and environmental monitoring programs.
- Prepare periodic Food Safety/QA Reports & Raw Reports.
- Maintain open communications with all Managers and QA/FS Manager to ensure that AEROFARMS finished product quality processes are maintained at all times.
- Interface with the managers for Quality Assurance issues and establish SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures), SSOP's (Standard Sanitation OPS.) and Preventive Maintenance Programs.
- Act as a liaison between internal operations, sales and customers related to any food safety, quality and food security inquires.
- 3-5 years previous work experience in similar position.
- College degree in Agriculture, food science or related subject.
- HACCP trained and/or certified, training and hands on skills in microbiology.
- Computer literate: MS Office Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Excellent Communication Skills, both written and verbal. Multi-Tasking on multiple projects is necessary.
- Essential but not required:
- Some knowledge of fresh fruit and vegetables, knowledge of food processing, quality programs.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)