Dairy food industry has a long history of progressive food safety regulation. Sources of biological, chemical, physical and radiological hazards that may impact the safety of dairy foods will be surveyed, starting at the production unit and progressing through the handling and processing of milk and milk products. The identified hazards will be associated with appropriate Process, Allergen, Sanitation and Supply Chain (PASS) Preventive Controls (PC). Lastly, current issues in Dairy Food Safety will be addressed.
Instructors and Topics:
- Dr. John Partridge, M.S., Ph.D.
- Introduction to Dairy Food Safety
- Terry Philibeck, Deputy Director, Food and Dairy Division, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
- The Grade "A" PMO: Introduction to Producer and Transport Regulation
- The Grade "A" PMO: Introduction to Dairy Plant Regulation
- Cleaning and Sanitizing in Dairy Operations
- Dairy Product Labeling and Dairy Innovations