Participants in the course will come away with an improved understanding of the challenges the meat industry faces and the successes that have been realized in the realm of food safety.
Instructor and Topics:
- Jason Hofman, Facility and Operations Manager / Production & Plant, Food Processing and Innovation Center, Michigan State University
- Introduction to Meat Food Safety
- HACCP and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures in the Meat Industry
- Microbial Interventions in the Meat Industry
- Cooking/Cooling Regulations
- Current Topics in Meat Processing; Animal Welfare and Impact on Food Safety