Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
This individual will support the global nutrition business and be located at PepsiCo’s Nutrition R&D facility in Barrington, IL. Bringing expertise in scientifically sound chemical hazard and safety assessment, this individual will deliver actionable technical input to progress new product development initiatives within the nutrition research agenda, including ingredients, processes, packaging and finished products. The incumbent will also build an external network of experts and engage with trade associations and scientific institutions to advance business goals.
- Deliver robust and scientifically sound safety assessments to the business pertaining to ingredients, products, packaging and processes to enable pre-market innovation and guide post-market brand stewardship initiatives.
- Work collaboratively within the Global Scientific Affairs organization to develop safety assessments.
- Deliver accurate and efficient technical expertise to support resolution of issues / incidents.
- Work with external organizations, notably trade associations and scientific institutions, to develop and promote science-based policies which support the business’s strategic direction.
- Actively identify and contribute strategic solutions to the management of emerging ingredient and contaminant issues relevant to PepsiCo.
- MS in Toxicology, pharmacology, or other related science, with up to 5 years of experience. or PhD preferred
- Knowledge of basic principles of food toxicology including hazard analysis, risk assessment, and ability to critically review scientific data and conclusions.
- Direct experience in the food industry is preferred, other consumer goods company will also be considered.
- Strong analytical capability and creative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in the US, including experience with the GRAS process, is desirable.
- Action oriented with an ability to propose solutions to challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to explain complex science to non-scientists and business leaders.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and execute efficiently.
- Limited Relocation Available
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement