Reser's Fine Foods
This position will apply a robust knowledge of labeling regulations to all phases of the product lifecycle, ensuring that packaging is accurate, compliant and innovative. This position will review a high volume of product labels and will directly oversee the nutritional and product specification data used to develop product packaging and to disseminate to customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide food labeling expertise and collaborate with Quality, R&D, Marketing, Operations, and Sales to leverage regulations and give Reser’s Fine Foods a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Routinely collaborate with Private Label customers to jointly develop and approve product labels.
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current regulations, food labeling regulatory activity, and relevant technical product and processing information. Assess business opportunities and impact to brands.
- Guide the product development labeling process for new and reformulated products to ensure regulatory and business requirements are met for all nutrition goals/claims, ingredient guidelines, and product name/Standard of Identity.
- Develop and maintain accurate food labeling information for finished products (e.g. allergens, nutrition, ingredient statements, product name, claims) to assure compliance with regulations (FDA, USDA, CFIA), third-party certification standards and company policies.
- Review product labels to verify correctness and regulatory compliance.
- Generate product Nutrition and Ingredient statements from company database.
- Proactively identify potential regulatory issues, provide resolution and offer suggestions when working on new product labels or product reformulations to improve speed to market.
- Process and submit USDA label sketch approvals and temporary approvals. Issue generic label approvals to production facilities.
- Respond to inquiries relating to private label items, ingredients, label claims, allergens or other technical information.
- Assist with maintaining formulas, internal specifications or other technical documents as needed.
- Communicate cross functionally regarding current and emerging food labeling issues and opportunities.
- Collects, enters and maintains product and technical data for customer web sites and performs routine updates to ensure accuracy is maintained.
- Other departmental duties as assigned.