Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor "Best Places to Work" three years in row, we couldn't be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life's special occasions. Come celebrate with us!
Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
If you have proven success at leading microbiology programs that drive company growth, then this position is for you! This highly visible position will require you to manage the development and implementation of strategic approaches to E. & J. Gallo Winery’s QA Microbiology program.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manages the standardization and continuous improvement of QA micro programs.
- Lead the development and refinement of rapid microbiology tools to speed results, reporting and business decisions.
- Responsible for microanalysis sampling rates, testing regime, disposition of non-compliant products and inventory release of finished goods.
- Development of corporate standards and procedures for laboratory proficiency in microbiological/molecular biology techniques and skills.
- Effectively communicates vision and business benefits of new microbiology/molecular biology opportunities to all levels of the organization.
- Provide technical expertise to cross functional partners on an as needed basis in support of site or enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Utilizes quality feedback data from customers and consumers to drive continual improvement activities needed to achieve department and company strategic goals.
- Participate in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and work cross-functionally to improve processes within organization.
- The broader laboratory network and co-manufacturing facilities as needed.
- Investigate source of micro involvement in products, consult on corrective actions.
- Participate in product development program, evaluating new product formulations for micro stability to establish standard requirements prior to initial production.
What You Need
- Master of Science degree in Microbiology or Molecular biology plus 6 years of microbiology laboratory testing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor of Science Degree to include 18+ units of microbiology courses plus 8 years of microbiology laboratory testing experience reflecting an increasing level of responsibility.
- Supervisory or managerial experience.
What Will Set You Apart
- Ph.D. in Microbiology plus 4 years of microbiology laboratory testing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with Food and Beverage industry best practices, FDA regulations, and quality systems.Experience communicating cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization.
- Experience building relationships and influencing organizational functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
For more information click here.