The Senior Food Safety and Regulatory Technician will provide support to the Bell & Evans Quality Assurance department by driving continuous improvement initiatives in food safety and regulatory programs. This position will have primary responsibility for the development and implementation of food safety, quality and regulatory programs for Bell & Evans’ subsidiaries, including a ready-to-eat central kitchen and a poultry rendering facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary Food Safety & Regulatory resource for Bell & Evans’ subsidiaries.
• Support the implementation of HACCP/HARPC plans for all assigned locations.
• Develop and implement food safety programs, including, but not limited to: Environmental Monitoring, Food Defense, Allergen Control, and Internal Audit programs.
• Monitor compliance to 3rd party certifications and customer requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement through the development of and training on QA SOPs and work instructions.
• Perform pre-operational and operational sanitation inspections, monitor process controls, collect environmental samples, and perform quality audits on finished products.
• Assist in the implementation of the corrective actions for identified non-conformances.
• Provide support to the Quality Assurance department by developing a knowledge of the business to participate in projects, internal and external audits, and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related discipline; or 1 – 2 years’ experience as a quality assurance professional an FDA-regulated food facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Certifications in Advanced HACCP and/or PCQI for Human Food required
• Certifications in GFSI Standard (SQF) preferred
• Strong project management and attention to detail skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
– Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage offered with $0 Co-pay and $0 Deductible!
– PTO days offered
– 401k Match
– Life Insurance
– Competitive pay
– 7 Paid Holidays off