Located in Fredericksburg, PA, Bell and Evans is the established expert and industry leader of humanely raised, premium chicken, selling exclusively to premier outlets. Since 1894, we pioneered many industry firsts and lead through innovation, with standards second-to-none. Here, you’ll have the ability to influence change and see your ideas come to fruition. Our decisions are based on what’s best for our chickens and customers, not cost. Trust in a company that has stood the test of time and work for the best in the industry.
** This is for 2nd Shift only**
Job Summary (See the Job Description for a comprehensive list of duties):
The Sanitation Supervisor supervises and coordinates the activities of workers engaged in duties concerned with sanitation programs in our food processing establishment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following; other duties may be assigned
- Directs food handlers and production personnel in sanitary and pest-control procedures.
- Directs cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions.
- Examines incoming shipments of food ingredients for foreign matter such as insects, poisons, or dirt, and gathers samples of ingredients for laboratory analysis.
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
- Routes reports to designated plant personnel.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Responsible to oversee that sanitation chemicals are used and handled safely in accordance to company and government policy.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Take a proactive role in assuring safe, quality products are produced by immediately addressing any safety or quality concerns.