The primary responsibility of a Regulatory Compliance Specialist is developing, reviewing, and approving mandatory labeling elements, including but not limited to nutrition, ingredient declarations, allergens, and claims, for FDA regulated products. A successful candidate will have the ability and interest to serve as a Subject Matter Expert regarding food regulations, providing guidance and direction to resolve label compliance issues in a cross functional setting.
- Develop product nutrition and ingredient information in compliance with FDA regulated products.
- Support certification programs (kosher, halal)
- Provide U.S. food Labeling guidance and collaborate cross-functionally with Legal, Research and Development, Marketing, Product Development and others to leverage regulatory knowledge to maintain compliance in the marketplace.
- Review all product related artwork and ensure compliance with internal guidance and external food regulations.
- Advise business regarding current and emerging food labeling issues and communicate the impact on current products
- Interpret regulatory rules and assist in developing regulatory strategies. Ensure information is properly communicated through corporate policies and procedures
- Assess risk and provide direction to Continuous Improvement team to ensure that formulation changes are implemented in a way that minimizes packaging obsolescence costs while maximizing savings to the business.
- Answer internal and external for technical and food compliance related questions
- Functional and Domain Knowledge: Food Labeling and Regulatory, Ingredient knowledge, understanding of recipes
- High Level of Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work under pressure of compressed timelines
- SAP Knowledge
- Strong Communication Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in science Related Field (Food Nutrition, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry) or equivalent educational experience
- Minimum of 0-3 years related Food Regulatory Compliance experience
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans