Ft. Wayne, IN (USA)
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Regional Food Safety Specialist. This position provides food safety expertise and oversight for our retail stores, distribution and manufacturing facilities. Acts as the region's primary resource for our supply chain regarding compliance to food safety regulations and Meijer Standard Operating Procedures. Ensures uncompromising food safety performance through science-based HACCP audits of our facilities, education of team members & leadership on the science behind food safety. Also acts as a positive change agent by enhancing our food safety culture within our retail stores and our manufacturing and distribution facilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborates on a daily basis with other members of the corporate food safety department to discuss and analyze food safety trends and findings with other regions and maintains a standardized approach to food safety audits in order to ensure Meijer food safety programs are executed to the highest standards.
- Conducts a minimum of 3 annual science-based HACCP Food Safety Audits within our retail stores and distribution facilities.
- Conducts and oversees the food safety inspection process within our distribution facilities to ensure compliance with Good Warehouse Practices as well as the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Assists our manufacturing & QA staff on an ongoing basis to ensure meet all regulatory and internal food safety standards regarding the FSMA and SQF.
- Ensures that our facilities are properly executing Meijer and regulatory food safety product recall protocols and response procedures.
- Takes the lead and provides food safety guidance, on a regional level, to our supply-chain regarding product & illness complaints.
- Provides expert HACCP guidance and instructional knowledge as it relates to food safety and food defense issues within our retail, manufacturing and distribution operations.
- Assists in the development, implementation and execution of food safety training programs and examinations.
- Must be available at all time to take the lead in response to customer complaints or investigations due to product, facilities and/or illness complaints in accordance with our Emergency Procedures Manual.
- Conducts bacterial control testing and environmental swabbing of equipment using aseptic procedures.
- Analyzes and compares regional food safety metrics and training performance against company goals and chain-wide performance by facility, in order to assist local leadership teams with the development of science-based action plans for improving food safety program execution.
- Provides trend analysis reports and prepares presentations to supply-chain leadership by facility, as well as by market area, so that they understand regional performance to company goals and objectives and assists in the development and execution of priorities and action plans for continuous improvement.
- Identifies critical food safety breakdowns in operations and/or merchandising procedures and acts as a proactive change agent by proposing possible solutions to food safety leadership for further discussion.
- Works with all levels of operational, manufacturing and distribution leadership in a collaborative and influential manner toward continuous improvement of food safety standards and operational excellence without direct-line authority.
- Knows State and local food safety code differences and acts as the primary Meijer food safety contact at the State & local level by assisting in the inspection and opening of new stores.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
May 21, 2018