The Quality Assurance Specialist uses his/her education & expertise to accomplish quality system planning, implementation, auditing and follow-up activities throughout the manufacturing operations. The Specialist serves as a quality systems developer and internal auditor to actively support the Company’s objectives of providing consumers with high quality products at the most reasonable cost.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science such as Chemistry, Food Science, Biology or related field. An in-depth knowledge of current quality theories, methodologies, tools and practices is also required.
- 5-10 years of experience in quality assurance within the food industry.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Root Cause Analysis (Cause Mapping) is preferred/plus.
- Specific knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP programs.
- Experience implementing or maintaining a GFSI recognized audit scheme (FSSC 22000 preferred).
- Working knowledge of specification development.
Chelsea Milling Company engages an independent recruiting organization to forward us potentially qualified candidates for this and other positions. They are familiar with our requirements. We trust them to forward the most qualified people to us for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer.