July 12, 2018
Supplier Quality Manager
Monday – Friday, 7:00am - 4:30pm
Mackin Corporate Office (Momence, IL)
WHAT’S GROWING AT VAN DRUNEN FARMS and FUTURECEUTICALS? We are!
As a global, growing, and vibrant food, beverage, and nutritional supplement ingredient supplier to the world’s best companies, Van Drunen Farms and FutureCeuticals are always seeking positive and talented employees to help our company reach the next level. We provide a family-oriented culture and an opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
The main responsibility of the Quality Auditor will be to support and maintain the Van Drunen Farms risk-based vendor and raw material approval program. This person will need to be available to travel both domestically and internationally to audit farms, manufacturing facilities and other processing operations to ensure they meet the food safety standards required by Van Drunen Farms and FutureCeuticals. They must be able to communicate effectively with vendors and internal staff members. Further, they will help to capture and record vendor information to track and trend quality metrics as part of a vendor scorecard. In addition to managing vendor and raw material concerns, this staff member will work together with Product Line, Plant Quality Managers and the broader Quality team, to drive continuous improvement. This position requires exceptional communication and organizational skills, a problem-solving approach, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Audit new and existing vendors to determine if they meet FSMA and VDF requirements related to food safety.
- Ability to understand and apply current FSMA and FSVP regulations.
- Work with staff members across the company to maintain vendor information.
- Perform risk assessments for raw materials used for both food and supplement ingredients
- Partner with vendors to address any raw material, processing or manufacturing site concerns.
- Relay accurate and detailed information regarding prospective and existing vendors, raw material applications, product failures and concerns to various groups within the company.
- Work with various groups/teams within the company to drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, food science or microbiology
- Food facility auditing experience
- PCQI or HACCP certified
Qualifications-Required and Preferred Skills
- Auditing experience
- Food manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with co-manufacturers
- Working knowledge of 21 CFR 111 and/or 21 CFR 117
- Well developed listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Must be a problem-solver who uses good judgement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, e-mail.
- Technical writing
- Auditing background
- SOP development
- Working knowledge of food safety plans (HACCP)
Demonstrate the Following Values: Humility, Integrity, Passion and Excellence
Company Profile and Benefits:
- List of Benefits for which you may be eligible:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401-k with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Educational Training and Development
- Honor God in All We Do
- Help People Develop
- Strive for Excellence
- Serve our Customers with World Class Products
- Grow Profitably
Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the job title in the subject line of the email.