Culinary Research & Education Academy - Sterling, VA (USA)
The role of Quality Assurance Specialist is a position in the operations and consulting team, managing all aspects of food safety as it pertains to the U.S. food regulations. The Quality Assurance Specialist will report directly to the Director.
The Quality Assurance Specialist also works closely with the Chef Consultants and Culinary Specialists on their consulting engagements with different food concepts. The objective is for seamless integration of the consulting operations and processing. This will ensure proper engagement planning and flawless client experience.
- Develop HACCP Plans for food industry concepts including but not limited to food manufacturing facilities, restaurants, meal delivery services and commissary kitchens
- Manage company's and client’s HACCP programs and maintain all HACCP-related records
- BRC Certification application, development, and management
- BAP Certification application, development, and management
- Maintain company policies and procedures around topics including but not limited to sous-vide/ROP packaging and cooking, supplier labor practices, supply chain sustainability, product date coding, and product recalls
- Monitor policy changes from regulatory agencies (FDA, UDSA, etc.) and implement changes to procedures, packaging, etc. as needed
- Maintain all product data, including specification documents, GTINs/UPCs, product attributes, nutrition information, etc.
- Managing relationships with providers and handle ongoing data synchronization efforts with clients
- Perform on-site client inspections of products and processes via random sampling
- Coordinate internal and client food safety audits as well as social audits
- Develop client’s existing sustainability program to increase utilization of certifications
- Ensures all SOP’s follow HACCP manuals.
- Based knowledge of the sous-vide technique for HACCP purposes.
- Retail food service experience a plus.
- Understanding of USDA/FDA food regulatory systems.
- Adhering to the CREA operational procedures and HACCP manuals.
- Completing other similar and related duties.
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs numerous times during a given working shift, both in static and dynamic loads.
- Ability to stand on feet for more than 4 consecutive hours.
- Performing duties in various environments (hot, cold, humid).
- Working in a manner that maintains the overall safety and operational efficiency of the work environment.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Associates Degree with relative work experience will be considered
- HACCP Certified
- BRC Certification
Location, Schedule and Compensation
- Position based out of Sterling, Virginia, with extensive travel required to all CREA clients and suppliers.
- Salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. Success-based bonus and incentive plan. Full benefits package.
The Culinary Research & Education Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume with cover letter to our HR department, at email@example.com. Include the words QA Specialist. No phone calls will be accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.