VeroBlue Farms - Webster City, Iowa
Quality Assurance Manager
The role of Quality Assurance Manager is a leadership position in the operations team, managing all aspects of processing fish. The Quality Assurance Manager will report directly to the Director of Processing.
The Quality Assurance Manager also works closely with the Production Manager and grow-out barn managers. The objective is for seamless integration of the operations and processing. This will ensure proper market planning and flawless fulfillment.
- Develop HACCP Plans for Seafood
- Manage company's HACCP programs and maintain all HACCP-related records
- BRC Certification application, development, and management
- BAP Certification application, development, and management
- Maintain company policies and procedures around topics including but not limited to supplier labor practices, supply chain sustainability, product date coding, and product recalls
- Monitor policy changes from regulatory agencies (FDA, UDSA, etc.) and implement changes to procedures, packaging, etc. as needed
- Maintain all product data, including specification documents, GTINs/UPCs, product attributes, nutrition information, etc.
- Managing relationships with providers and handle ongoing data synchronization efforts with customers
- Perform in-house inspections of products via random sampling
- Coordinate third-party food safety audits as well as social audits
- Develop company's existing sustainability program to increase utilization of certifications
- Ensures all SOP’s for harvesting follow HACCP manuals.
- Understanding of land-based recirculating aquaculture systems.
- Managing fish health and welfare throughout all aspects of the operation.
- Adhering to the VeroBlue Farms operational procedures and HACCP manuals.
- Completing other similar and related duties.
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs numerous times during a given working shift, both in static (i.e. feed) and dynamic loads (i.e. netted live fish).
- Ability to stand on feet for more than 4 consecutive hours.
- Performing duties in a warm and humid environment.
- Working in a manner that maintains the overall safety and operational efficiency of the work environment.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Associates Degree with relative work experience will be considered
- Minimum 5 years-experience managing a quality department in a high-volume ready to eat food manufacturing facility
- HACCP Certified
- BRC Certification
- Global Aquaculture BAP Certification
Location, Schedule and Compensation
- Position based out of Webster City, Iowa, with travel required to all for the VeroBlue Farms corporate and designated grower farms.
- Salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. Success-based bonus and incentive plan. Full benefits package.
VeroBlue Farms is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume with cover letter to our HR department, at email@example.com. Include the words QA Manager. No phone calls will be accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.