A small growing food product company that has been in business for 31 years and is located in northern Michigan is searching for Quality Assurance Manager. We manufacture ready to eat and heat and serve Pasties, Calzones, Breadsticks and Sandwiches, along with other food products. We serve institutional, retail, and wholesale establishments with customers throughout the Untied States. We are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to assist us in building a better business. So, if you are interested in making a home in beautiful northern Michigan, with endless outdoor activities and clean air, while working at growing food manufacturer, please apply with us today.
The Quality Assurance Manager will develop and manage Quality Assurance programs and activities that will ensure compliance with company policies, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices including SQF, FSMA, HACCP, and GMP’s. The QA Manager will integrate quality assurance and quality control into all functions and people.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain compliance with various quality related programs including but not limited to SQF, FSMA, GMPs, HACCP, environmental monitoring, sanitation, allergen, microbiological testing, weight control, product recall, traceability, and self-audits. Manage the pest control, and microbiological testing programs; interpreting results and providing recommendations for improvements
- Responsible for all quality assurance and quality control programs, from receiving raw materials to the shipment of finished goods.
- Ensure successful compliance with federal, state or local regulations as they apply to health, food safety, and labeling requirements.
- Establish manufacturing specifications, standards, protocols and procedures for quality control.
- Develop and participate in auditing programs by performing process and procedural audits
- Ensure product specifications are being met and proper documentation of production records are kept.
- Ensure that all new regulations (i.e., FSMA) are quickly and accurately implemented and assist the Plant Manager with leading all company food safety and quality management initiatives.
- Facilitate and be a resource for on-going communication of food safety/QA issues with Technicians, Management team, and Plant manager.
- Develop and perform employee training programs for SQF, GMP, HACCP, allergen, food defense, and other food safety related programs
- Track, analyze, and lead incident report initiatives for all quality and customer complaint issues
- Implement corrective actions as needed to increase organizational consistency and ensure issues are rectified in a timely manner
Required Knowledge and Skills
Education: Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) in Food Science, or other science discipline.
Experience: 3-5 years QA food processing experience
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Products; (Word, Excel)
Knowledge of SQF, HACCP, CGMPs, FDA & USDA regulations, Food Safety standards, and third-party audits.
Other: Certification and training in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Safe quality foods (SQF), Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others
- Ability to operate independently and manage multiple priorities.
Carl Thomas email@example.com