QA Manager - The Bama Companies - Tulsa, OK
The Quality Assurance Manager will provide strategic direction, leadership and ownership of the Food Safety and Quality programs. A self-motivated individual who possess and demonstrates characteristics that include a mindset of ownership and accountability. Cross-functional team leadership is a critical element of success and includes effective relationship development with Sanitation, Sales, Operations, Engineering, R&D, Finance, Customer Service, Logistics, Legal, and others departments across the organization. This position reports to Plant Manager with dotted line to Food Safety/Quality Systems Director.
Role Description and Job Accountabilities:
Specific Job Accountabilities:
Provides Strategic direction, leadership and ownership of Food Safety and Quality System programs.
Specific Requirements to the Organization:
Bama's Strategic Perspectives:
People Are Wildly Important To Bama
- Understand and teach the Bama Manual to new team members
- Communicate effectively and candidly, and engage in Courageous Conversations
- Build and leverage talent
- Be visible and approachable by all levels of team members for mentoring and coaching
- Be a role model for "People Helping People be Successful" and all of Bama's EQ initiatives
- Achieve through teamwork; lead through influence
- Participates in learning opportunities to further individual growth and development and to enhance effectiveness with Bama's Customers
- Contributes to a fear-free work environment that includes fun and fosters open, honest and courageous communication as well as planning in the open.
- Implements a people vision and establishes practices consistent with Bama's Future Picture
- Encourages diversity in all work teams and develops/executes training plans consistent with change within staff.
- Would site communication as a "key" strength and has courageous heartfelt EQ based conversations routinely for support, and clarification of Quality Assurance team member
Customers Are Wildly Important To Bama
- Put the customer first and understand its expectations
- Understand market research data
- Understand Bama's financial commitment to its customers
- Interfaces with Product Development, Customer Service, Sales and plant to insure all areas of commercialization meet quality standards and are in place prior to first production.
- Must be able to communicate effectively on a technical basis with all customers, internal and external.
- Reviews and coordinates response and corrective action on customer complaints.
- Works to deliver a "system with no surprises" through documented processes and effective communication
- Helps to position Bama as the customer's first choice as an innovation partner to create and deliver new products
- Leverages Bama's competence in innovation to create mutual value for the company and the customer
- Utilizes market research, customer intuition and Bama's core competencies to drive product innovation to Bama's customers.
- Will be accountable to coordinate plant activities to insure compliance to all FDA and customer audit requirements. Will lead staff in review for plant compliance and corrective actions and provide leadership on all internal and external audits.
Continuous Improvement Reducing Variation in Everything Bama Does
- Lead change and innovation
- Understand and utilize Deming's system of Profound Knowledge and the 14 Obligations of Management
- Commit to continuously improving yourself and to helping others continuously improve
- Utilize system view diagrams and PDSA as major tools to achieve desired goals and objectives Attend annual training to improve knowledge and system thinking
- Recommends standards of performance and quality to achieve in serving Bama's Customers and involved with business teams to work toward customersatisfaction with company products and services in relation to established standards
- Actively looks for opportunities to drive out cost and deliver superior products and services consistently and efficiently.
Smart, Fun Growth
- Think like an owner
- Attend financial training to improve your knowledge and skill
- Be conservative in use of fiscal and human resources
- Understand Bama's financials, and work as a team to reduce variation and costs
- Plan and act strategically
- Supports, inputs and executes plans to ensure the company people assets are effectively utilized to deliver and meet all business requirements including the positive and negative impacts of decision related to food safety and the resulting financial impact.
- Embraces success sharing as it relates to profit and collaborates with internal stakeholders/functional supplier relationships to include all operations, quality, safety, facility administration, engineering, people system teams, supply teams and SBU leadership teams
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or biology related discipline
- Minimum 4-6 years of food manufacturing experience (USDA, Produce, etc.)
- Ready-To-Eat food manufacturing experience is desirable
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with FDA and/or USDA Rules and Regulations
- FSPCA certified
- Certified Internal Auditor
- CIP/Fluid Systems Certified
- GMP Audit Certified
- Micro Certified
- Sensory Certified
- Possess and demonstrate passion for the job, the role, and the company
- Passionate about our industry and the role we play within the industry
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems
- Encourage a win/win team environment where everyone is heard equally
- Available to travel to customer locations when necessary
- Interact with Operations teams, and visit Bama's facilities on a regular basis
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Provide leadership in strategic planning and prioritization
- Possess the appropriate educational experience or job related experience to perform the role
- Promote, embrace and celebrate, and champion diversity
- Ability to oversee the management and improvement of Quality Management Systems including documentation, control and adherence to all FDA and customer driven regulations
- Proven skill and ability to manage day to day quality with review of quality records, SPC compliance and provides direction for plant and product continuous improvement
- Insures that all aspects of HACCP/Food Safety plan development, documentation and control are in place
- Ability to develop, implement and control QA budget.
- Controls and manages the review of supplier issues with system to insure rapid follow up on issues
Attributes and Characteristics:
- Student of Heart Led Leadership
- Respected by peers and respects others
- Plans in the open, and invites others to respectfully disagree
- Addresses issues within the confines of Bama's philosophies and its mission
- Deploys the tenants of Bama's culture of caring and accountability
- Works collaboratively and effectively with others
- A passion that fuels engagement within and beyond departmental lines
- Self-motivated, driven and requires little supervision
It is the policy of Bama not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, natural origin, age, genetic information, disabilty or because he or she is a protected veteran.
To apply visit https://bama.applicantpro.com/jobs/689749.html