Ruiz Foods in Florence, SC is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to support operations for our growing facility in SC.
The QA Manager assures Ruiz Products are safe, meet or exceed Ruiz quality standards and fully comply with food regulations. Leads the development and the daily management of the plant quality system and controls staff. Primary facility interface with USDA.
Manage related USDA programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures compliance and maintains related USDA records.
- Develops and manages a prevention oriented, ISO900 based, plant quality system
- Responsible for effective HACCP implementation and maintenance
- Responds to consumer and customer complaints and requires internal corrective action response
- Provides QA approval on new products and major changes to existing products and processes
- Establishes and maintain a supplier and audit program
- Conducts regular in-house audits of the quality system and GMP’s. measures outgoing product quality and keeps management appraised of trends, holds, and regulatory issues
- Technical services on product improvement projects or other special projects
- Establish and/or coordinate rules, procedures, and training programs to keep team members up- to-date on RFP’s procedures and regulations
- Write and update raw material specifications
- Operation of the micro-lab which include: procedures, budget, costs, staffing, and micro programs
- Operate the QA department within budget and set budget limits
- Make sure that an effective recall program is in place and maintained Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this job
- Set up program that will insure that the sanitation department is effectively cleaning the equipment
- Work with potential new customers during plant audits and write and/or approve product specifications
- Train supervisors and lab technician to perform their job duties
- Supply necessary information to R & D on new products, product improvements, and/or raw materials
- Provide information to manufacturing on statically process control on weights of products manufactured
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A. B. S degree in Food Science or related field required
- Desirable CQE license
- Ability to travel as required
- A minimum of five years of experience in food manufacturing, preferably with USDA
- Needs to be qualified to operate machines, tools equipment and works aids
Relocation assistance is available and the position qualifies for an annual bonus.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.