Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities.Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Avendra is North America’s leading hospitality procurement services provider. Avendra was founded in 2001 by hospitality management companies looking to leverage buying power and create efficiencies in supply chain management. Acquired by Aramark in 2017, Avendra now manages supplier contracts and sourcing responsibilities for Aramark businesses in North America, other group purchasing organizations owned by Aramark, as well as our traditional hospitality clients. We combine years of hospitality expertise, purchasing power, services and software to help customers impact the bottom line, improve operational performance, and better serve guests and customers. Avendra is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland and employs about 400 associates.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for increasing customer satisfaction through resolving issues with suppliers, products, and services. The QA Manager is also responsible for empowering the highest degree of food safety protection from our suppliers.
This position will be based out of a home office. The territory includes Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Act as the central point of contact for quality-related issues thus facilitating rapid resolution of problems as they are communicated.
- Conduct critical Supply Chain assessments on Avendra suppliers in the form of Meet-the-Truck Audits.
- During the Meet the Truck, conduct Value Added Services. Document and report findings to Account Management, Customer Care, and Strategic Sourcing as necessary.
- Conduct Service Reviews of Avendra Suppliers with all members of the hotel management team including the Director of Engineering, the Director of Rooms, and/or the Director of Housekeeping.
- Professionally communicate all property level findings with the appropriate hotel personnel including the Executive Chef, Director of Engineering, Rooms Director, and the General Manager.
- Evaluate, consult and follow through on all critical observances during Meet the Truck Audits and Service Reviews. Engage Field Support, Account Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Suppliers in order to obtain timely and meaningful resolution.
- Perform Food Safety Audits and Reviews at national and regional suppliers to mitigate customer risk and ensure the safety and quality of processes and products. Document and ensure resolution on all critical observances. Follow-up with Strategic Sourcing on all pertinent information in approving or disapproving the supplier for Avendra.
- Evaluate, consult and ensure resolution on all critical observances brought to the fore from third-party based audits within the geographically assigned region. Follow-up with Strategic Sourcing with unresolved and/or significant findings.
- Correspond, coordinate and participate in Contracting Initiatives including Coordinated Distributor Reviews (CDR’s), Regional Field Advisory Teams (RFAT’s), and Product Category evaluations. Provide detailed value assessments on performance, product, and service-related aspects.
- Perform Market Basket and Food Optimization studies on an as needed basis. Leverage Avendra technology and product expertise to achieve study goals.
- Assist with product cuttings and the management of the Avendra test kitchen.
- Experience in food quality assurance, food science, food manufacturing, or culinary discipline, including experience communicating with various levels of senior management
- Proven ability to manage one’s time well
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent Problem resolution skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Ability to write well (reports, emails) as well as verbally communicate in person and over the phone. Need to be able to explain technical information in a manner that is easy to understand for a non-technical expert.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Overnight Travel Requirements. Overnight travel 25-50%. One to two nights per trip.
Years of Relevant Experience. 3-5 years of experience working in a Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control area or significant quality assurance responsibilities. Food manufacturing experience is preferred.
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary or other related discipline