We are looking to on-board a Part Time/Temporary Product Quality Assurance Specialist! This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to focus on projects surrounding Gordon Food Services private brand products, including specification maintenance and development, setting up and performing product evaluations, supplier corrective action initiation and follow-up, and supporting the packaging development process. See additional details below!
Why join our Quality Assurance Team?
- The opportunity to manage Product Specification Data: Soliciting specifications, performing data pulls from specification system & formatting appropriately, assisting with product specification data validation projects, executing internal & external requests for specifications, approving specifications.
- The opportunity to do Product Cuttings: Setting up & tearing down product evaluations (this may include preparing food such as cooking, grilling, deep-frying, microwaving), assisting with product evaluations (this may include touching, tasting, feeling food products), assisting with data collection (product weights, measurements, etc.), and recapping product cutting results.
- Provide support to the private label packaging process by providing product specifications and requesting first production samples as required.
- The opportunity to perform product complaint and quality failure investigations and corrective action follow-up with suppliers and Gordon Food Service staff where appropriate to ensure product safety and quality.
What do we need from you?
- Must be detail-oriented and display good project management and organizational skills.
- The ability to prioritize, and schedule accordingly, on own multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be comfortable with swift change in daily routine to address urgent matters.
- Must possess and display excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of teams and individuals, including possessing the willingness to engage with others and be challenged.
- Must have the ability to listen, interpret, and determine appropriate direction based on general rules, processes, and feedback from others.
- Must possess and display good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work 30 hours weekly; Flexible schedule!
Leading candidates for this role will have……
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology or related scientific field.
- 3 years minimum of previous experience in quality assurance, quality control, product development and/or food safety.
- Advanced skill in spreadsheets (Pivot Tables, VLook Up, etc).
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!