McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building teams with varied strengths who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here
In this role, you will focus on quality systems and food safety in the Agricultural Products (Produce, Fruit, Potatoes & Oil) categories in U.S. Supply Chain (SCM), Quality Systems Team (QS). You will provide dedicated leadership in the development and implementation of the quality vision, infrastructure and systems needed to protect and improve brand McDonald’s relative to product quality, consistency, conformance to standards, food safety, regulatory and emerging issues. Additionally, you will serve as a technical authority to advise and support internal/external safety and quality brand-related initiatives.
- U.S. Quality Systems and Brand Protection:
- You will serve as the U.S. center of excellence for product and process quality and foody safety both from a strategic perspective as well as day-to-day critical incident management.
- You will support Supply Chain in delivering on the U.S. business plan ensuring that U.S. market and customer needs (consumers, owner/operators, cross-functional partners, suppliers, regulatory) are met.
- You will support development, implement, maintain, and improve dedicated quality and food safety systems, assessing risk to prevent failures and mitigate risk to the consumer, U.S. business and Brand
- In partnership with global and U.S. market supply chain resources, you will interpret and communicate the conformance to global and local market standards for the applicable product categories (components and finished products) across the U.S. restaurant system using existing and to be designed metrics (e.g. Behind the Counter, Across the Counter, 1-800# data, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) information, Supplier Quality Management Systems (SQMS), Supplier Performance Index (SPI) tracking for quality, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Stock Recovery data, audit summaries, etc.).
- You will identify product and process improvement opportunities, targeting valued activities that incorporate product and process measurement metrics.
- You will create systems and infrastructure to measurably reduce variation and increase product consistency delivered to the consumer.
- Works and partners with U.S. suppliers to meet, maintain and improve upon quality standards/McDonald’s Specifications for both product/ingredient components and finished products.
- You will lead U.S. supplier team(s) to engage in the design and execution of improved quality and food safety processes across the system. This includes using standard methodologies, benchmarking, etc.
- Coordinates, supports and advises applicable product category third party resources/audits and associated supply chain programs (e.g. food safety, GAP, GMPs, quality systems and food safety requirements).
- You will have B.S degree, however, an advanced degree is preferred.
- Food Science degree preferred with at least 5 years of food product production/ quality systems and/or food industry experience
- You have knowledge of regulatory requirements and experience working with regulatory agencies.
- You possess strong analytical skills including problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You should be tech savvy and should possess excellent verbal and written communications skills to communicate findings within the system as needed.