Darifair Foods, Inc. is a dynamic organization located in Jacksonville, Florida with a strong basis in dairy applications. The position will report to the Technical Services and Quality department and involve daily interaction with R&D, sales, supply chain and administration. A successful candidate will be well organized, self-motivated and possess the ability and desire to work on a variety of tasks daily.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the adherence to QA/QC standards by co-manufacturers and supplier facilities as well as verifying product consistency and manufacturing processes.
This position will work from the Darifair corporate office and will focus on insuring that Darifair remains current in appropriate and effective QA/QC practices as applicable to the commodity products and value-added items developed by the Darifair R&D team.
This position will require 25-50% travel.
1. Major objectives or outcomes to be accomplished by the person in this job:
- Execute (develop as needed) processes that monitor and maintain the quality of Darifair products.
- Support and confirm the execution of quality programs at co-manufacturers to meet customer needs
- Assist Darifair’s R&D process with appropriate technical information related to production abilities and production procedures.
2. The most frequent and most essential work activities in this job:
- Effectively commercialize products and maintain documents for successful production of products.
- Support and execute the Darifair supplier approval program, including sampling plan, annual reassessments, and documentation review.
- Monitor corrective actions implemented at facilities to address quality issues with customer and plant.
- Review and audit production records to evaluate and confirm manufacturing process, product quality, consistency and plant performance.
- Confirm formula authenticity and accuracy.
- Maintain and monitor the accuracy of commercialization documents once new products have been commissioned including routinely auditing the accuracy of production records at manufacturing plants.
- Maintain (and assist with development as needed) supplier and co-manufacturer standards.
- Lead audits of co-manufacturers and suppliers for adherence to regulatory, industry, customer and Darifair standards. Address findings with manufacturing facility and ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented. Provide effective coaching and teaching to address audit findings and Darifair requirements.
- Assist in R&D and sourcing process with appropriate information and troubleshooting.
- Assess and recommend best practices as observed during audits and visits of co-manufacturing facilities and suppliers.
- Develop manufacturing and quality standards for manufacturing facilities using analytical data from product testing at Darifair, historical data, production data and calculated values.
- Evaluate and assess plant quality, capability, needs, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities through relationship building with plant personnel and routine visits to plants.
- Review &, maintain 3rd party audits and corrective actions for all plants actively manufacturing Darifair products.
- Develop and maintain product specification sheets for Darifair products including accuracy of nutritional software program Genesis SQL
- Develop and maintain labels in accordance with customer and regulatory labeling requirements
- Remain current with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and regulations as they pertain to Darifair products.
3. Behavioral (personality) traits, attitudes, and skills required:
- 1-5+ years experience in food industry, manufacturing, R&D or bachelor’s degree in appropriate and applicable science field (food science, biology, chemistry, food engineering).
- HACCP certified
- A proficiency and thorough understanding in one or more of the GFSI schemes.
- SQF Training
- Knowledge of 3rd Party Audit practices.
- A thorough understanding of GMPs, production practices, dairy and dairy based products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices and equipment.
- Ability to understand manufacturing processes.
- Ability to interact and communicate with: varying personalities, attitudes, varying education levels and technical backgrounds.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to perform a task to completion in a timely, thorough and accurate manner.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team & on an individual basis daily.
- Ability to take direction yet self direct as needed.
- Must be computer literate and be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Does not fold under pressure.
- Positive attitude.
- Slow to anger.
- Have measured response to ensure direction taken is well guided.
- Understand and adherence to Darifair policies, processes, programs.
4. An effective applicant will be able to effective manage the following:
- Moderate Travel.
- Sudden adjustments in priorities and schedule along with activities.
- Interaction with varying personalities.
- Urgency of work at times.
- Staying current with food laws, regulations and industry practices.
- Mediating the varied expectations of sales, supply chain, RD and customers.
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- 401K Program
Send resume to Isabelle Zaffke at email@example.com with subject line in e-mail as “Food Scientist”