At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Food Safety Regulatory Manager, Vitamins & Dietary Supplements to join our team.
Our vision for Food Safety is to support Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Food Safety department, focusing on our private label foods. The position is located in Seattle. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company!
High Level Summary of Deliverables:
· Manage safety and regulatory aspects of Amazon private brands vitamins, dietary supplements, nutrition, and OTC (Over The Counter) categories.
· Act as a safety and regulatory/compliance subject matter expert for vitamins, dietary supplements, nutrition, and OTC products.
· Review GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe), NDIN (New Dietary Ingredient Notification) and other related documents and provide safety and compliance recommendations on new formulations.
· Review product labels and claims to ensure compliance with all regulations and requirements, as applicable.
· Coordinate food safety and quality audits with manufacturing facilities including communication of audit process and scheduling.
· Audit facilities against the Amazon Ingestible Audit Standard and 21 CFR 111.
· Create audit reports and close out corrective action plans within agreed to timeframe
· Refine audit process as needed and assist in establishing solutions to automate the audit process.
· Provide guidance and answer compliance-related questions in accordance with current/new/emerging regulations.
· Manage AER (Adverse Event Reporting) / SAER’s (Severe Adverse Event Reporting).
· Attend first production runs to ensure product and process match what is defined within technical specification.
· Manage 3rd party consultants as required.
· Keep abreast of emerging issues in vitamins, dietary supplements, nutrition, and OTC product categories and advise the business team of regulatory, safety, and quality changes relevant to these categories.