Wolverine Packing Co.
Wolverine Packing is looking to add a Food Safety Manager to our team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with food safety audits, familiarity with the BRC food safety standard and knowledge of FSMA, GMP and SSOP.
Wolverine Packing offers medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We also have a fantastic 401k matching program, paid vacations and sick time.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance development, implementation and improvement of the Quality Management system- BRC certified
- Work with plant staff and management to maintain, oversee and enforce all policies and procedures of the plant, quality assurance standards and programs, safe food handling procedures and sanitation standards in order to assure compliance with company guidelines
- Ensure that facilities are complaint with GMP, Food Safety and Quality Management system to meet national and international standards and customer expectations
- Validate and assure compliance with established food safety, quality and sanitation objectives through daily monitoring programs, team supervision, and on-going verification of internal and external laboratory or industry benchmarking
- Provide risk assessment analysis including verification and validation of sanitation procedures and product safety inspections
- Supervise lab functions, new product testing and formulations
- Strong skills with ability to teach, coach and counsel associates, build teamwork and employee morale, possess good conflict resolution skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people with differing backgrounds and abilities
- Develop and maintain documentation and controls to comply to record keeping requirements
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements for suppliers
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary
- Produce professional presentations and reports for internal and external meetings
- Must have a passion to work with food and people
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful operation of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related degree with a Quality emphasis as well as experience in a manufacturing environment with quality systems
- Well versed in GMP, personal safety and regulatory compliance. Understand HACCP and Quality Management Systems
- High attention to detail
- Maintain a good working relationship with fellow employees and set a good example of a team player for others.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with ability to understand the key requirements in the Quality and Food Safety Systems, development of continuous improvement programs and attention to reporting accuracy.
- Impeccable organizational skills with ability to balance and prioritize own time with the production schedule. Proactive approach by being able to identify problems as well as potential problems
- Current with technology and ability and utilize to improve efficiency
- Solid understanding of QA methodology and processes. Knowledge of BRC standards, HACCP and GMP.
Interested applicants, please contact Chris Lekich at 313-259-7500, or firstname.lastname@example.org