The Food Safety Manager will develop and oversee all of the food safety regulations, policies, and procedures for a pickle manufacturing operation in the New York City area. The successful candidate will help to develop, implement and enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs including HACCP, GFSI (SQF preferred), regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardized work instructions.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Specific Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, as well as maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures as it relates to any food safety concerns and programs
- Conduct monthly facility GMP and food safety audits as well as manage third party audits
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards
- Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing requirements
- Assist buyers with training and educating potential suppliers to ensure compliance
- Work closely with Operations Manager and/or Director of Operations on any food safety or quality assurance issues
- Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food safety requirements
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times
- Prepare for yearly SQF Audit
Detail oriented, organized and possess strong computer skills, including MS Office and Excel
- A minimum of 3 years of food safety experience, with management level experience in HACCP, USDA, or FDA preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, and GAP’s
- Previous experience with SQF, GFSI, Primus, BRC and/or USDA audits required
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
- Have strong communication skills and proficiency in English reading and writing
- Must be flexible with work hours and days
Please contact Allison Weishaus to apply or for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-933-6060.