Bakersfield, CA, US
Emeryville, CA, US
Fresno, CA, US
Portland, OR, US
Stockton, CA, US
Yakima, WA, US
The Food Safety Auditor is responsible for conducting audits on farms and in facilities in accordance with both the audit scheme and SCS protocol. Auditors travel to client sites, perform inspections, determine compliance, review corrective actions, and submit their audit reports for review and certification. The Auditor must be able to conduct audits in both English and Spanish.
Other standards, sub-scopes, add-ons, and addendums, may be added as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and confirm audit date with client
- Prepare and send client audit plan according to protocols
- Book travel, hotel and transportation according to company policy, and submit expense reports
- Adhere to all quality and code of conduct standards
- Conduct audits using applicable checklists, forms, and tools
- Maintain positive client relationships and respond to all client inquiries and concerns
- Submit complete and accurate audit reports within established timelines
- Ensure thorough client records are maintained
Program Quality and Compliance
- Conduct witness audits
- Attend trainings to maintain qualification to conduct audits; maintain training records
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable regulations and standards
- Prepare clients for audit process by sending required audit paperwork
- As needed and when qualified, conduct technical report review, issue final certification decisions, support training of new auditors
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
- Familiarity with the third-party certification process
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Database systems
- Willing to travel up to 75%, mostly overnight travel throughout the U.S.
- Verbal proficiency in Spanish – must be able to conduct field interviews with ag workers, ask hygiene questions (eating/hand washing/portable restrooms), discuss basic agricultural subjects topics (harvest procedures, chemical handling, protective equipment)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness Management, Agricultural/Crop Sciences, Food Sciences, Range/Ecosystem Management, preferred Plant/Soil Sciences preferred
- 4 years industry experience in a practical capacity on a farm or in a technical production management role related to food crops
- Accredited 8 Hour HACCP training
- Food Hygiene training on water quality, organic fertilizer, personal hygiene, equipment and other agricultural food safety challenges
- IPM pesticide and fertilizer training
- This is an office based job 25% of the time and a field position 75% of the time. Must be able to sit 6+ hours per day. Keyboarding 6+ hours per day. Must be able to speak and listen in person and on the phone. Must be able to physically travel to audit sites both via plane or car. Travel to audit sites requires the ability to stand, walk and carry up to 20 lbs. of equipment. Possibly on steep rough terrain.
- The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
- Open agricultural fields and orchards
- Moving tractors, farm machinery as well as processing equipment
- Pesticide and other chemical storage facilities
- Temperature extremes of high heat or cold
- Traveling in client vehicles to rural sites
SCS Global Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SCS Global Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
For more information and to apply click here.