Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Food Safety and Quality Manager - Seattle, Washington
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Food Safety and Quality Manager to join our team.
Our vision for Food Safety is to support Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Food Safety department, focusing on our private label foods. The position will be located in Seattle. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company!
As a high-level summary the deliverables are:
· Coordinate food safety and quality audit with manufacturing facilities including communication of audit process and scheduling
· Audit facilities against the Amazon Ingestible Audit Standard
· Create audit reports and close out corrective action plans within agreed to timeframe
· Refine audit process as needed
· Assist in establishing solutions to automate the audit process
· Attend first production runs to ensure product and process match what is defined in the technical product specification
· Manage 3rd party auditing provider if necessary
· Keep abreast of emerging issues in food safety and quality as it relates to manufacturing facilities
· Bachelor’s Degree in food science, microbiology or related field
· 5 years of experience in food manufacturing and/or auditing
· Exceptional risk assessment skills (regulatory requirements, safety and quality risks)
· Ability to work independently and autonomously
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
· Ability to travel 40% of the time