DaBecca Natural Foods
This role is responsible for the overall success of food safety compliance and quality assurance for DaBecca Natural Foods, Inc. This is a management role that reports directly to the company’s Director of Operations. The FSQA Manager is also responsible for quarterly and annual departmental reports in addition to the successful annual completion of company food safety and quality assurance audits.
PRINCIPAL ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance to local, state, and federal food safety standards
- Assists with the delivery of company competence regarding production of consistent and measurably higher quality products
- Facilitate and coordinate efficient and effective quality standards within customer expectations
- Develop employees through training, annual review, monitoring, and mentoring
- Maintain a team environment among department and supervisory staff
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment
- Analyze process control charts, develop quality cost analysis and inspect system design annually.
- Work closely with plant operations team in the areas of quality program management, inspection coordination and testing requirements.
- Implement necessary internal quality assurance systems and infrastructure to support company growth
- Think independently to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and changes affecting food safety and develop and recommend appropriate program changes to ensure governmental compliance.
- Advising the Director of Operations and Tier One (1) Management staff of any quality control and food safety issues in addition to presenting plausible solutions.
- Successfully oversee the company’s Sanitation Program.
- Completion of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual audits and associated reporting as required