USDA Meat Processing Plant located in Brea, CA seeks a Director of Quality Assurance to develop and manage Quality Assurance programs and activities, ensuring compliance with company policies, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices including GMP, HACCP and SQF.
- Ensure compliance with all quality programs, including GMP, HACCP and SQF.
- Evaluate and assist in developing processes, specifications, and critical control points in manufacturing, for ongoing quality assurance of all finished goods
- Manage HACCP assessments and reassessments. Compose and edit HACCP plans and strategies for new products. Manage HACCP records and file maintenance.
- Manage and maintain SQF records and systems ensuring continued compliance
- Maintain current library for all GMPs, SOPs. Participate and contribute to continuous improvement of departmental SOPs
- Ensure that all new regulations (i.e. FSMA) are quickly and accurately implemented at all assigned facilities and suppliers
- Implement quality assurance programs that effectively monitor product manufacturing in a way that result in company compliance with regulatory SOP, GMP, and HACCP standards for third party audit and customer product requirements.
- Establish manufacturing specifications, standards, protocols and procedures for quality control and new product development
- Manage in-house sampling protocol to ensure that proper testing is performed for any particular species. Evaluate results and disseminates information to customers and plant personnel, as applicable
- Apply administrative and record-keeping processes to support the programs listed above
- Work with Sanitation Supervisor to manage and maintain master sanitation schedule and daily sanitation and housekeeping logs
- Work with Sanitation Supervisor and chemical suppliers on chemical changes, sanitation improvements, results and costs related to plant sanitation
- Direct and supervise Quality Assurance Technician(s), Sanitation Supervisor, and Janitorial Staff
- Assist with Human Resource functions on shift including, but not limited to interviewing potential employees, drafting and conducting performance reviews, addressing employee relations matters, and overall company communication
- Lead and/or participate in quality audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Detailed knowledge and track record of successful implementation of food manufacturing policies and procedures (GMP)
- SQF Practitioner. Thorough understanding and knowledge of SQF
- Certification and training in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP and proven ability to write HACCP plans
- Ability to document and interpret lab results. Formulate and communicate corrective action if necessary
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to work in a warehouse/production environment where the temperature is as low as 32 degrees Fahrenheit for minimum of 8 hours.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time with frequent bending, stooping, twisting, turning, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, food process engineering, or comparable experience required
- HACCP Certification
- SQF Practitioner
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in food/meat processing environment or five years of applicable Quality Assurance experience.
- Previous experience with plant audits/inspections including third party, city, state, and federal
- Bilingual language skills a plus.
West Coast Prime Meats is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration, submit your resume in Word or PDF format to HR@westcoastprimemeats.com.