This is a remote (home-based in the Indianapolis area) position with up to 75% regional travel required. This is a full time direct hire position; some evening and weekend work will be required. Contact Ryley at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
NSF International is a growing, global, public health and safety organization. Our mission and our passion is to protect and improve human health. We are dedicated to being a global leader in the testing, inspection and certification industry. Our core business divisions include food, water, health sciences, sustainability and international strategic registrations. Our services include standards development, testing, auditing, certification, training and advising our clients. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with 2,500 employees worldwide, we provide services in over 170 countries at more than 50 office and laboratory locations.
- Conduct food safety inspections/audits.
- Summarize and evaluate inspection/audit findings.
- Communicate findings/results of inspections/audits with client site management or appropriate client representatives.
- Collect food, product or environmental samples from client sites and ship samples to appropriate laboratories for testing.
- Develop effective work plans for the completion of assigned inspections/audits within a determined timeframe.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with key team members including audit delivery and client teams.
- Bachelor’s in science-related degree (chemistry, biology, environmental health, food science, food technology, dietetics, nutrition, public health, etc.) Note: Excludes social sciences.
- OR Related 2nd or 3rd party food safety audit experience/operational experience with non-scientific bachelor’s
- OR 4+ years of food safety audit experience and/or related operational experience with no degree
- Ability to obtain Certified Professional Food Safety (CPFS) designation within 12 months
- Capability to perform frequent and overnight travel, 75% or more, including evenings and weekends.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Some experience with food safety and quality
- Knowledge of food safety basics: temperatures, proper food handling, sanitation, proper cooling methods
- ServSafe, Certified Professional Food Safety (CPFS), or REHS designations
- Majority of work is performed independently in a retail food facility/site (restaurant, supermarket) or traveling from site to site.
- Required frequent travel by car or plane 75% or more of the time.
- Required to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license and operate a motor vehicle.
- Extensive use of computers and other electronic equipment.
- Moderate physical effort required (ability to carry equipment weighing 25 lbs or less).
- Ability to follow client and regulatory required safety practices.
About NSF International
Manufacturers, regulators, and consumers look to NSF International for the development of public health standards and certification programs that help protect the world’s food, water, consumer products, and environment. Founded in 1944, our mission is to protect and improve global human health. NSF International has a professional staff of engineers, microbiologists, toxicologists, chemists, public health experts, and certification specialists in locations worldwide. As an independent and accredited organization, we develop standards as well as test and certify products and systems. NSF has developed more than 90 public health and safety American National Standards and over 30 protocols for appliances, food equipment, drinking water filters, and other products. We also provide auditing, education, and risk management solutions for public health and the environment. NSF employees are passionate volunteers. Our employees volunteer their time and resources to help organization such as the United Way, American Red Cross, Food Gatherers, and many more. NSF International fosters innovation and creativity, promotes personal and professional growth, operates using sound scientific principles, and demonstrates social and environmental responsibility.
Contact Ryley at email@example.com for additional information