- a bachelor's degree, professional degree, or equivalent degree from an accredited and recognized college or university
- at least six (6) credits of college level biological sciences, three (3) of which are in microbiology (a 300-level course or higher is recommended) [*see below if you do not meet this requirement]
- a cumulative grade point average of no less than a 3.0 on a 4.0 system (*see below if you do not meet this requirement)
- work experience in a food-related field (at least two years is recommended)
Applications will also be judged on demonstrated readiness and suitability for graduate studies, as well as a likelihood to make timely progress toward successful completion of the MSFS Program.
- a professional letter of intent (submit under personal and/or academic statement)
- three (3) letters of recommendation
- an official, original transcript from each institution attended
- if English is not the first language, proof of English proficiency (i.e. TOEFL or IELTS). Refer to the MSU Office of Admissions for futher details
- a current resume or CV
NOTE: This program does not require GRE scores.
Applicants submitting international credentials, regardless of citizenship, must meet the requirements for International Application. Please contact Peggy Trommater in the program office if you need to request international application procedures (firstname.lastname@example.org).