The Account Manager (AM), Food Industry, will maintain and establish growth of the current customer base and new business opportunities through the sale and placement of instruments and reagents leading to increased revenues for the company. The AM is directly responsible for achieving the territory sales goals.
The ideal candidate will have very good interpersonal, communication, sales and presentation skills along with successful demonstration of bioMerieux behavioral competencies, such as teamwork, leadership, adaptability, customer service orientation, influence, analytical thinking, organizational awareness and relationship building coupled with good product knowledge to succeed in their sales territory.
- To achieve at least 100% of the territory sales goals.
- To drive new business revenue through selling new instruments and reagents.
- To maintain, and grow, existing customer’s business.
- To responsibly manage the total territory sales base with integrity and honesty.
- To submit weekly expense reports and other reports as assigned by the RSM.
- To participate in company and team meetings.
- To update the Sales Force Automation (SFA) resource tool daily.
- To effectively build a sales pipeline through cold calling, prospecting, qualifying and covering accounts.
- To accurately forecast and close new business within the 30-60-90 day time period.
- To strategize and work with the Corporate Account Manager(s), Business Development Manager(s), Client Consultant(s) and the AM Team Leader(s) to sustain and meet revenue targets and growth objectives within the territory.
- To be receptive to coaching and mentoring feedback in order to maintain flexibility and adaptability for learning and growth, while meeting customer’s needs.
- BS/BA degree in a science / business related field.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of basic sales skills and have good business acumen.
- Good computer skills and conscientious record keeping are mandatory.
- Prior knowledge of the respective Industry Market Segments, Microbiology, Competitive knowledge, Product line and geographic territory is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Yes, 50 % of the Time